Terms of Service
The following terms and conditions are enforced on all service products that are sold and delivered on legalhero.co.uk, app.legalhero.co.uk and any other relating web page (hereinafter referred to as “the platform”) that is administered by LegalHero (hereinafter referred to as “LegalHero”) as well as LegalHero’s lawyers (hereinafter referred to as “the lawyers”) and users on the platform.
Your access to and use of the platform will amount to your consent to be bound by these terms and conditions that establishes a contractual relationship between you and LegalHero. If you do not wish to consent to these terms, you will not be allowed access to the platform. LegalHero can at any point revoke these terms. LegalHero can at any point cease to offer or deny access to the platform at any given time for any given reason.
LegalHero can from time to time modify the terms and conditions related to the platform. Any and all changes to the terms will be enforced as soon as the modifications are made public by LegalHero. Your continued access to or usage of our platform after such posts will amount to you consenting to our modified terms and conditions.
LegalHero is both the messenger and the supplier of legal services. The platform facilitates legal counseling supplied by lawyers. LegalHero has no power of instruction, nor does it have any power of control over any of the lawyers, but will however follow up on any completed case in order to ensure that the quality remains perfect.
As a user on the platform, you are able to buy legal counseling and other legal services in the following ways:
- As a single case assignment
- As part of a subscription
- As a document template
Singular cases are subject to the terms and conditions in this document. Subscription-based cases are subject to the terms and conditions in this document, but are additionally regulated in “Subscription-based terms and conditions”. The document templates are subject to the terms and conditions in “Document templates”.
Price and payment
With LegalHero, you are able to choose, which payment model that you prefer, when creating a case. Whether you choose to receive counseling based on an ongoing- or fixed fee, the hourly rate always remains the same. This, in our view, is to retain the absolute best level of transparency for all of our clients. For that reason, you pay “insert hourly rate” each active counseling hour.
For single-cases created with an ongoing fee, the following shall apply:
- LegalHero’s lawyers will make an offer on your case with their profile. This will give you the best overview to choose which lawyer best suits your case.
- The offer will always contain a description, where the lawyer will detail, how he/she intends to solve your case and what is needed to do so.
- When you accept an offer from one of LegalHero’s lawyers, the lawyer will continuously add hours as the case is being handled and solved. Delivered hours will be billed on the last calendar day of each month. As a client, you will at all times have access to an overview of the amount of hours registered on your case.
- In order to create a case with flexible hours, you have to add a payment method that will be applied for ongoing payments.
For single-cases with a fixed offer, the following shall apply:
- Each offer made by one of LegalHero’s lawyers will clearly contain a suggested price for the counseling. This price is calculated based on the amount of hours that the lawyer expects to need to solve your case. The price is binding for both parties. Under special circumstances, if the case has been insufficiently informed by the start of the counseling, then LegalHero retains the right to recall its offer. The case can from then on be resumed by a renewed offer.
- When you accept an offer, we will ask for your payment information. This information will then be processed by our payment partner, Stripe, to ensure that the payment method is functional. We will not withdraw any funds on your credit card, before the case has been closed.
- LegalHero can, in special circumstances, allow discounted pricing on the hourly rate. This discount can be activated by applying a coupon code. The discount will be shown on the offer from any of LegalHero’s lawyers. LegalHero’s coupons can expire, be invalid or in other ways be deemed useless. LegalHero is not legally bound to warn you about the expiration of your coupons. LegalHero is not legally bound to offer you a new coupon, if your old one has expired, been invalid or in other ways been deemed useless.
For both single-cases with fixed offers with flexible hours, the lawyer will be able to add an additional fee to registrations. All fees are subject to your acceptance as a client before they are added to your case.
LegalHero is responsible for you under English law, law surrounding legal services as well as law concerning good custom for legal counseling. LegalHero can not be held responsible for indirect losses or consequential damages, which includes loss of data, loss of turnover, profit or operating loss etc. LegalHero’s responsibility is in any case limited to the amount that is mentioned under “Insurance”.
LegalHero is not responsible for downtime or any other temporary disruptions to the platform, whether it be loss of power or internet, systemic damage (physical or digital), abuse of personal data or any other circumstance that is considered out of LegalHero’s control. LegalHero cannot guarantee that you can use downloaded files on any PC, and usage of such files will always be on the premise that you have the proper software to open/read the relevant files.
Information about the client regarding insurance terms.
LegalHero can hereby inform that it’s lawyers are professionally insured, which means that any potential liability that may arise from errors concerning the lawyer’s counseling will be covered under “insert insurance partner”.
- The maximum sum insured for loss of value is “insert amount” per accepted offer.
- The maximum sum insured for personal damage is “insert amount” per accepted offer.
- The maximum sum insured for object damage is “insert amount” per offer accepted.
These sums are based on the condition that you as a client know that the insurance company will not pay, if the claim is caused by:
- LegalHero’s lawyers have taken on responsibility that lies outside the normal bounds of LegalHero’s liability with regard to this contract. The same applies for claims for compensation that exceeds, what should have been given, if the claim was not made at all.
- LegalHero’s lawyers have provided counseling that is or should have been subject to the law on financial advisors or in other ways is regulated by good custom laws.
- LegalHero’s lawyers have by gross negligence or with intentional actions have caused economic damage. This also includes criminal actions committed by LegalHero’s lawyers.
- Fines, including both punitive and exemplary damages, taxes and stamp duty that are imposed on you and not a direct effect following LegalHero’s counseling.
- Counseling that concerns relations outside of the United Kingdom as well as claims made outside of the United Kingdom.
- Operation disruption or temporary outages of the service.
- Circumstances that fall within force majeure.
You can read more about our insurance here.
Right of withdrawal and complaints
When you accept an offer from one of LegalHeros lawyers, you hereby grant permission for us to deliver a service and from there on out, your right of withdrawal ceases to exist.
You can still withdraw your order, but you will however have funds corresponding to the already delivered service be withdrawn from your account. If you want to regret your order for legal services, you have to both inform LegalHero and your lawyer as soon as possible.
You can file a complaint about your service by writing to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Your complaint needs to contain the following:
- A detailed explanation for your complaint
- Case number
Subscription terms and conditions
The following subscription terms and conditions are enforced for you as a subscriber, when you create a subscription with LegalHero. As a subscriber, you gain access to the subscription service under the at any time valid subscriptions terms that follow this Terms and Conditions document. The subscribers’ prices, benefits, content etc. will always be available on the web page https://legalhero.co.uk/subscribers.
The subscribers’ access to the subscription service
In order to create a subscription at LegalHero, it requires you to create an authorized account on the platform. In order to create an authorized account, we ask you to adhere to the following information:
- You need to be at least 18 years of age or older;
- You need to able to fill out a normal credit check;
- You hereby acknowledge that the information you have provided with regard to the registration of your authorized account is truthful and correct, and that you will notify LegalHero, if this information at any point should change;
- You hereby accept that LegalHero only advises on English legal cases. LegalHero is therefore not responsible for any and all damages, violations or other responsibilities, including tort, that follows you using or attempting to use our services outside of the United Kingdom;
- You need to make sure that you have access to a capable internet connection;
- You are not allowed to use or let others use the subscription service for illegal or improper purposes;
- You have to register and update your payment information, if it happens to change throughout the duration of the contract.
The subscribers’ use of the subscription service
As a subscriber, you get a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferrable and limited license to use the subscription service. This license will only grant the subscriber access to the subscription service as described in these subscription terms and conditions.
Any access to or use of the subscription service via Application Program Interface (API) or another automatic access that is not supplied by LegalHero, as part of the subscription service, is strictly prohibited without written consent from LegalHero.
The subscriber is not allowed to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell or resell access to the subscription service or use the subscription service without LegalHero’s written consent. The subscriber is also not allowed to share payment information to third parties that are not directly associated with the subscriber.
The subscriber is not allowed to manipulate, reverse engineer or in any way modify the subscription service. The subscriber is not allowed to create web pages, applications or services that appear to be associated with LegalHero.
The subscriber is prohibited from adding content to the subscription service that violates an intellectual property, including violations of copyright. The subscriber agrees to not adding any content or use the service in any way that may be considered illegal or in violation with the terms of this agreement.
LegalHero retains the right to perform updates, outages, additions or restructuring, both temporarily and permanently, of any function associated with the platform and subscription service with or without notice, with the exception of changes that drastically changes or reduces the functionality of the platform, in which case LegalHer will give the subscriber a warning of at least 14 days. LegalHero retains the right to perform significant changes or to reduce the functionality, with or without warning, if it is due to an actual or potential breach of security, in which case LegalHero will inform all affected subscribers without delay. Any use of the subscription service after any of the aforementioned scenarios have occured will result in the subscribers acceptance of the subscription service in its subsequent version.
The subscription service and the content
LegalHero offers the following services as part of the subscription service:
- Access to standardised legal documents
- Access to a legal hotline
The subscriber has access and the right to use LegalHero’s legal documents. LegalHero guarantees the quality of the legal documents’ content. LegalHero cannot be held liable for the usage of any of the legal documents, including incorrectly inputted information, incorrectly modifying or incorrectly using the document. LegalHero is therefore not liable for direct, indirect or derivative damages that the subscriber incurs as a result of incorrectly using of LegalHero’s legal documents. The subscriber acknowledges that LegalHero providing legal documents is not to be mistaken for legal counseling. The subscriber acknowledges that LegalHero’s legal documents are not part of or covered by LegalHero’s combined company- and advisor insurance. The insurance of the legal documents happens at the time of the subscriber creating his case with regard to having one of LegalHero’s lawyers review and quality control the contents of the document. The case and the documents covered by the legal service will in that case be covered by LegalHero’s advisor insurance.
The subscriber has unlimited access to LegalHero’s legal hotline, wherein the subscriber can receive telephonic legal counseling concerning all legal matters pertaining to the United Kingdom. The subscriber acknowledges that each communication is limited to 30 minutes of legal counseling per question. LegalHero’s legal hotline is available for the subscriber on weekdays between 08:00 AM until 06:00 PM. The subscriber acknowledges that counseling provided through LegalHero’s legal hotline is not defined as legal counseling and cannot be considered legal counseling. The subscriber acknowledges that LegalHero’s hotline is not covered or protected by LegalHero’s combined company and advisor insurance.
The subscriber’s purchase of cases
As a subscriber, you are able to buy cases with a discount. The discount will depend on your subscription model. LegalHero retains the right to change the discount, although this will always be with a 30 day notice.
The subscriber acknowledges that it is not possible to use discount coupons or any other priceregulating offer that is not covered by the subscription service, when buying a case.
Email and password
When you register or create an authorized account on the platform, you will be asked to provide an email and password in order to log in and use the subscription service. Additionally, you will be asked to provide a company registration number for the company that is creating the subscription as well as a phone number.
The combination of email and password are considered confidential information and you should not be sharing this with any third party. LegalHero retains the right to at any point, but with a fair notice, be able to demand that you change your password. You acknowledge that such a change can cause a temporary outage in your access to the subscription service.
If you suspect that your email and/or password has been compromised and is being used by someone else, then you should immediately contact LegalHero and change your information. If LegalHero has reason to assume that an email and/or password has been compromised or in other ways abused, LegalHero retains the right to immediately deactivate the subscription and/or make the subscription service unavailable for you or in other ways prevent the continued unauthorized access or behavior.
Confidentiality and security
LegalHero provides safe access to the platform. LegalHero provides services that:
- Facilitates password administration of the subscriber’s accounts.
- Can send and save passwords in a secure and encrypted format.
- Protects usernames, passwords and other personal data in a way that follows industry standard and adheres to mandatory law.
LegalHero, including all third parties and hosting partners, will always:
- Use the best industry practice to save, administer and transfer data and content.
- Adhere to policies and procedures in order to prevent unauthorized access to usernames and passwords and will immediately notify the subscriber, when suspecting that a username or password has been compromised, been lost or abused.
- Implement best industry practice in data protection, specifically with regard to network techniques, including, but not limited to firewalls, penetration detection, data protection measures, patch management and stress-testing.
The subscriber is responsible for storing his/her password, username and other identification information that provides access to the service.
The subscriber acknowledges that it is mandatory to notify LegalHero in the event of a security breach, including any and all unauthorized access or suspecting as much, which results in compromising, abusing or stealing a username, a password or other identification information.
Payment, repayment, commitments, trial period and subscription- and price changes
In order to gain access to the paid functions in the subscription service that is made available to authorised accounts, the subscriber needs to grant LegalHero permission to a valid payment method to pay for the subscription as described by LegalHero on the web page. All prices are excl. taxes, expenses, VAT and other fees that the subscriber are obliged to pay.
The service can be paid on a ongoing basis, either with a monthly or an annual commitment:
- Monthly subscriptions are paid in advance. Payment is required via the subscribers payment method, which is specified by registering to the subscription service. The subscriber will thereafter be charged on a monthly basis for each consecutive month. Subscriptions that are cancelled by the subscriber before the renewal date will not be charged. LegalHero continues to charge the monthly payment from the payment method tied to the subscriber’s authorized account, until the subscriber cancels the subscription.
- Annual subscriptions are paid in advance on a monthly basis. Payment is required via the subscribers payment method, which is specified by registering to the subscription service. LegalHero continues to charge the monthly payment from the payment method tied to the subscriber’s authorized account, until the subscriber cancels the subscription. Annual subscriptions have a commitment period of 12 months. You are contractually obligated by these terms until the end of the commitment period.
All subscription prices are made excl. VAT, unless otherwise stated.
All payments are final and cannot be refined. Refusion will not be granted for partially used, unused or remaining subscription periods.
Cancelling a subscription will not be charged, and subscriptions cancelled before the end of its current billing cycle will not be charged again in the following cycle.
Subscribers can freely use the monthly and annual subscriptions for 14 days as a trial period. The trial period starts with the creation of an authorized account and is automatically finished at the end of the 14 days, whereafter LegalHero will charge for the selected subscription model. The subscription service in the trial period is limited to only cover the legal hotline as well as discount on cases and will not cover downloading and using the legal documents that are otherwise available to paid users.
All prices are subject to change with a notice of at least 30 days. LegalHero will notify the subscriber of price changes, either via email, as a message on the platform or in another manner that is considered appropriate by LegalHero. For a subscriber with a binding period, the agreed upon prices are valid throughout the commitment period. LegalHero retains the right to change prices with a shorter notice, or under the commitment period, if its expenses by making the subscription service available rises as a result of changed taxes, expenses, currency fluctuations, changes of prices to third parties, governmental decisions or changes to an applicable law or other regulation, as long as the price increase is proportional to the change.
Cancellation and termination
The subscriber can at any point cancel a subscription through the subscriber’s profile on the platform under “Subscription”, though adhering to the terms described in the section “Payment, repayment, commitments, trial period and subscription- and price changes“. Alternatively, the subscriber has to cancel a subscription with a written request to LegalHero. For security reasons, the subscription service cannot be cancelled for other reasons.
LegalHero retains the right to suspend or refuse to deliver the subscription service to a subscriber without notice, if the subscriber’s actions and use of the platform amounts to a significant violation of this contract and/or amounts to a security risk.
If you have a monthly subscription, you are obligated to immediately pay for the remaining part of the commitment period, even if LegalHero terminates your subscription in line with the terms laid out in the agreement. The subscriber acknowledges that LegalHero has a right to collect the debt with alternative means.
The following terms are binding for you as a client, when you purchase and download a template on LegalHero’s web pages. As a client, you have access to LegalHero’s templates under the at any time binding terms set out in this agreement. The prices and content of the templates will at all times be showcased on www.legalhero.co.uk/templates.
The customer’s access to templates
In order to buy and download a template at LegalHero, it is mandatory to create an authorized account on the platform. To create an authorized account, we ask for the following information from you:
- A valid payment method. You can read more about this under “Price and payment”.
- A valid email address, your full name, a social security number as well as other necessary information.
When you have created an authorized account on the platform, you will gain access to the platform.
The client is prohibited from reproducing, selling, duplicating, selling or reselling templates that are downloader through LegalHero’s platform as well as distribute access to templates or the use of templates without LegalHero’s written permission. The client is also prohibited from sharing account information to third parties that are not directly associated with the client.
The subscriber acknowledges that adding content or using the services in a way that is considered illegal or in violation with the terms set out in this agreement is strictly forbidden.
The content of the templates
The subscriber has access and the right to use LegalHero’s templates. LegalHero guarantees the quality of the legal documents’ content. LegalHero cannot be held liable for the usage of any of the legal documents, including incorrectly inputted information, incorrectly modifying or incorrectly using the document. LegalHero is therefore not liable for direct, indirect or derivative damages that the subscriber incurs as a result of incorrectly using of LegalHero’s legal documents.
The subscriber acknowledges that LegalHero providing legal documents is not to be mistaken for legal counseling.
The subscriber acknowledges that LegalHero’s legal documents are not part of or covered by LegalHero’s combined company- and advisor insurance. The insurance of the legal documents happens at the time of the subscriber creating his case with regard to having one of LegalHero’s lawyers review and quality control the contents of the document. The case and the documents covered by the legal service will in that case be covered by LegalHero’s advisor insurance.
Payment and price changes
In order to gian access to the paid templates that are available for all authorized accounts, the client has to provide a valid payment method for LegalHero for the payment of the templates as described by LegalHero on the web page. All prices are excl. taxes, expenses, VAT and other fees that the client is obligated to pay for.
All prices for the templates are set excl. VAT, unless expressly steed otherwise in the description.
All payments are final and cannot be refunded.
Legal ground and arbitration
All disputes arising out of or in connection with the present contract shall be finally settled under English laws appointed in accordance with the said Rules.
A complaint concerning a product or a service bought at LegalHero can be reported to the domestic authority for competition and consumer complaints.
The EU Commission’s online complaint portal can also be used, when you need to file a complaint. It is especially relevant, when you are a consumer that resides in a EU country. Complaints can be filed here: https://ec.europa.eu/odr. By filing a complaint, you need to refer to our email address email@example.com
If a clause in this agreement is to be deemed void or unreasonable to enforce, the clause will have no influence on, invalidate or prevent the enforcement of the remaining clauses in the agreement, and the clause has to be adhered to the extent that the law demands.
LegalHero is not liable for any print- og pricerelated mistakes.
Valid from the 11th of June 2020.